Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Favorite: My Fishy Pickle


I love my Fishy Pickle ( my nickname for my Fisher & Paykel Washer). In most cases, a washer isn't something that one spends much time thinking about, but that is because, in most cases, one does not own a Fishy Pickle Washing Machine. These washers are great. . . seriously.

1) Fishy Pickles are mechanically superior.

When I was researching washers and dryers a few years ago, I learned about how washers work. Most washers have upwards of 200 moving parts! The Fisher Paykel operates on a direct drive system. How many moving parts, you ask? 16 (I'm going from memory here. . . it was either 6 or 16 so I opted for the larger number)! In my book, that translates to 178 fewer parts that can break.

2) Fishy Pickles are economical to operate.

There are two reasons the FP is economical. The first is that it requires about 1/3 the amount of soap a traditional top-load washer requires. Second, it spins at such a high speed that the clothes come out nearly dry. That means less time running the dryer.

3) Fishy Pickles are environmentally friendly.

Thanks to the Eco-Smart system, the FP has a auto-fill sensor that only fills the washer to actual level required. If there are only two articles of clothing in the washer, it will use only the amount of water needed to wash two articles of clothing. That amounts to a lot of water conservation!


4) Fishy Pickles are practical.

Last, but not least, the washer has a "delay start" feature on it that I absolutely love. I hate for my wet, clean clothes to sit in the washer for long but there are times when I can't wait around to get a load moved over to the dryer. I love being able to load my clothes at night and delay the start so that I have freshly washed clothes when I wake up in the morning. Why aren't all washers equipped with this??

I've owned this washer for about 4 years and, honestly, every time I put a load in to wash, I think to myself how glad I am that I bought this model. Sounds like an over-exaggeration, but I am telling the truth! I love my Fishy Pickle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fishy Pickle has been my favorite washer too!

christianne said...

Okay, I'm convinced. I'll be sure to keep it in mind if I ever buy a washing machine system. Oh wait, what are the chances of that ever happening with the life Kirk and I will likely live? Ummm, slim to NONE. :)

I think the guy we rent from owns a Fishy Pickle. I used it once when he was out of town, and I remember how freaking cool it was.