Monday, August 07, 2006

Creative Gift Giving

Tomorrow is my brother's birthday. Given that he is 27-year-old, single guy, I thought the best gift I could give would be some home-cooked food. I'm convinced this is the perfect gift because it is based on a biblical principle: single guys with growling stomachs would give just about anything for a homemade meal. Esau sold his birthright for a pot of Jacob's stew; I'm pretty sure my brother would be willing to sell his birthright, supposing he actually had a one, for one of my chicken pot pies.

Freezing is a snap, cooking is as easy as turning on the oven and clean-up only involves tossing the disposable tart pan into the trash. It's the perfect single-serving meal for a cooking-challenged guy. And, with boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for only $1.49, it's the perfect gift for our budget, too!

No comments: