Saturday, February 21, 2009

A conversation about heaven

Caleb was sick last week. Very sick. At one point, after praying with Caleb that God would make him better, the following conversation transpired:camping out on the couch


"I am sorry you are sick, Sweetheart. I hope God answers our prayer soon."

"Yeah, me too."

"Do you want to hear some really good news? Someday, if you accept Jesus and love him, God will let you go to heaven to live with Him forever. And in heaven, no one is ever sick. Isn't that something to look forward to?"

"Yes! No more sick. That's good!"

"Yes, it is good. God is very kind to us."

"Yeah, He is! . . . .Hey, Mom. . . I wanna go to Church!"

3 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

Sweet music to my heart.

Anonymous said...

great way to teach him about Jesus ....love the picture of him on the couch ...he looks soo big!!!

Jess(ica) said...

Aw that is so cute! I love the pic of him on the couch!