Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Traveling pants and other international novelties.

Caleb isn't exactly a world traveler (yet), but he has friends and relatives who are.

Uncle Dan visited the UK just a few weeks after Caleb was born and brought home a "Mind the Gap" onesie. Amazingly, Caleb is now big enough to wear it (it looked SO BIG when I first saw it)!

Aunt Yvette just got back from Italy two days ago and gave Caleb a marionette (not pictured) and an illustrated version of Pinocchio in Italian. Caleb absolutely loves books and doesn't seem to care that I can't speak a lick of Italian.

And, I visited the mall today and bought Caleb a pair of red pants at BabyGap. Believe it or not, said pants were actually made in China. So, although neither Caleb nor I have been to Asia, his pants have.


4 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

Maybe you should tell the listening audience (watching vidience?) what "mind the gap" means.

I thought it was making a reference to the trendy store until Uncle Dan explained...

Rebecca said...

For those of you who haven't been to the UK and don't know what "Mind the Gap" is all about, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_the_gap

christianne said...

Che bella! Perfetto! Cute idea for a post. :)

Christin said...

Oh, they do grow so fast. I kept Luke in his 0-3 month clothes until he looked like a muscle man with a tiny white t-shirt. I couldn't believe that it was already time to change sizes. Then, I put on a 3-6 month outfit, expecting it to be huge, and it fit perfectly. Sigh. Now it is hard to believe he ever fit in those tiny little newborn clothes.

I already miss that little ball stage, where they curl up on your chest. This is how God gets one to forget the woes of pregnancy and delivery so one will have another. (I know, some people traveled the world while pregnant and delivered in a few hours. =) Not me. Next time I will definitely be checking into your Easy Birth Formula.)