Thursday, January 18, 2007

Friendship is like Sushi

A good friend is like sushi. . . weird and yet somehow really cool.

Speaking of sushi and friends, my weird and yet super cool friend, Yvette, took me out for really delicious sushi last Friday. She took the day off work to hang out with me. We went for a walk, shopped for pants and then went out to lunch at a local sushi place. I've had sushi before but I will admit that this was far-and-away the best sushi I've ever eaten. Not only was the sushi delicious, but the atmosphere was awesome. It was Japanese chic (I made that up, but you can imagine what I mean. . . sleek, hip and Asian). Very cool.

Everything about the day was a treat. It was a treat to hang out with Yvette. It was a treat to find a pair of pants that fit. And, it was a treat to load up on wasabi.

If you're ever in town and looking for a good sushi restaurant, let me know. I know just where to send you!

3 comments:

This and That said...

Yay! It is very nice to take the day off work and hang out with your best friend =)

christianne said...

Um, I would like to know why you find friends weird. :)

I'm so glad you're one of the ones who has "found the light" and likes (dare I say loves?) sushi. Kirk and I can't imagine living without it!

Rebecca said...

Christianne, if you would like an explanation of why I think friends are weird, check out the links on the right side of my blog ;-)