Sunday, September 03, 2006

Garlic Explosion

Less than 24 hours ago, this jar was full. Thanks to the bulk-sized proportions available at Costco, I had a bulk-sized mess on my hands when I dropped this tub yesterday. Based on the equivalency chart (1/2 tsp = 1 clove), I figure I spilled about 200 cloves of garlic (along with garlic juice) all over my kitchen.

It happened in slow motion, as do most life-changing events. One moment the tub was securely in my hand. The next moment, only the lid was. The tub plummeted toward the ground, making a quick stop first on the edge of the kitchen counter. It landed firmly on the linoleum, sending a spray of minced garlic all over my kitchen and living room. The explosion was impressive. Nothing within a 10-foot radius was spared, including me.

If you'll notice, the upper right hand corner of the label proudly claims that minced garlic is fat free. Not only is it fat free, but it is also extremely good for your overall physical condition. When spilled, it can provide one of the most intense and thorough workouts you'll ever get, especially if you're 8 months pregnant! I spent over an over an hour on my hands and knees picking up the tiny garlic chunks and triple washing my floor. As you can imagine, I woke up this morning sore from head to toe. . . and reeking of garlic!

No comments: