Monday, May 22, 2006

From the kitchen window


Since the title of this blog is From Rebecca's Kitchen Window, I thought I'd post a picture of what I see out one of my kitchen windows.

Last summer, our backyard showcased a lovely weed patch from fence to fence. After hours of labor (largely on the part of my husband who did all the hard work, like putting in sprinklers), we are looking at a much more inviting setting for this summer's backyard barbecues.

I've been really proud of the results. Gardening is one of those activities that offers very tangible, visible rewards, and I am beginning to love it! We didn't spend a lot of money and have done all of the work ourselves (except for the cement patio). The roses are blooming, the gladiolus are pushing up through the soil, and the wisteria vines are growing. Who says the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence?!?!

No comments: