Friday, October 30, 2009

Bye, Mom!

Yesterday evening, I went out with a group of moms from our church for a Mom's Night Out. Just as I was walking out the door, Caleb called from the living room, "Bye, Mom!! Have fun and be careful! It's slippery out there." Josh (who at the time of my departure was changing a nasty blowout diaper in the back of the house) told me later that just after I left, Caleb came running to him and said, "Dad, don't worry. . . I said goodbye to Mom and told her something she would be happy to hear. I told her to be careful because it is slippery."

Where does he get this stuff??

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that's so adorable! he is so smart!

Jess(ica) said...

super cute!

not2brightGRAM said...

Aw, how sweet! He cares for your safety. I love that boy!

The hidden message in this post that needs heralding, is that Josh was changing a poopy diaper which he obviously began doing while you were still there. Cheers for Dad!

gee gee said...

How sweet he was thinking of you like that.and then goes and tell his Dad...and by all means, "three cheers " to Josh!!!!