Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

I think I can officially say that I am spoiled rotten. As if a trip to India from Josh wasn't proof enough, my mom and best friend, Yvette, constructed an elaborate surprise birthday party for me. . . via satellite (to read more about this one-of-a-kind birthday party, jump over to my mom's blog)! I was thoroughly surprised (and even a bit emotional, though I'll blame that on the pregnancy) when they turned the web-cam on to a room full of friends and family who had gathered back in California to wish my happy birthday and eat fresh strawberries in my honor.

Thanks, Mom and Yvette, for all your hard work and crazy scheming. Thanks, Josh, for all the work you put in here to keep this a secret, decorate our house and deliver the cake. Thanks Rick, John, Lucy, Grandma, Grandpa, Dan, Jessica, Tom, Kate, Dustin, Sarah, Brenton, Eric, Sharon, Jordan, Luke, Heather, Rebecca, Nathan, Mallory, Paige, Joe, Gabby, Jeremy, Jaedyn, Macy, and Brady (and anyone else I forgot to mention) for making my birthday extra special.

6 comments:

christianne said...

yay! happy birthday again, becs. this was really, really cool to hear about. :)

kirsten said...

happy belated birthday!! that is really special that your mom & family put that together.

skype. i am so behind the times!!

not2brightGRAM said...

You are so welcome! It was really fun doing it, and we may have started a new trend.

I remember when I was a teenager, going to Disneyland to the AT&T of the Future Pavilion (I think that's what it was called). They had rooms where you could talk on the phone AND see the person in the next booth via a video screen. It was so "WOW"!! It seemed very sci-fi and futuristic. The picure quality was poor and the sound so-so.

And, now, it's a common thing that (some of us) already take for granted. I can't imagine not being able to keep up with all of Caleb's silly antics via Skype.

Wondrous times we live in!

not2brightGRAM said...

P.S. You forgot to mention Olive! ;-)

This and That said...

It was a blast!

Anonymous said...

sure was a great party...not having you here the skype was the next best thing...lets hope next year you'll be home for your 31 BD and we can do it all over....miss you!!!