Monday, October 08, 2007

Caleb's Birthday List

Every year on my birthday I make a list of things I love (in no particular order), one item for every year. The list is usually random and certainly not comprehensive, but it is a fun way to "capture" my life at that moment.

I've decided to carry on the tradition for Caleb. I don't usually explain the items but since Caleb only gets one item on his list, I thought I'd throw a story in, too.

Caleb's Very First Birthday List

1. Daddy! Caleb's favorite thing to do toward the end of the day is sit by the front door and wait for Daddy. When he hears Josh on the other side of the door, he stands at the door and babbles "da da! da da!" This morning, after Josh left for work, I was doing the breakfast dishes while Caleb was playing. I peeked my head out to see what he was up to and there he was, sitting by the front door with Daddy's shoes in hand, pointing to the door and calling "da da!?! . . . da da!?!" Very, very cute!

5 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

That is so cute! Dad's are indeed, very special. I know mine would be at the top of my list (if I had a list)! :)

kirsten said...

Seriously. How did he get to be a year old already??

Happy 1st Birthday, Caleb!!

christianne said...

This is so cute. I love that you did this.

Happy birthday, Caleb! And happy anniversary, Rebecca and Josh!

This and That said...

Hop[e that you had a great time in Thailand! happy Anniversary!

Elizabeth said...

he has changed so much in the last year!!!