Thursday, November 04, 2010

Conversation Snippet 9: Five Minutes

Yesterday, I set Caleb to play with his Legos in the corner of my room while I took a short nap. After about 15 minutes, I felt a little tap on my arm.

Caleb (in a whisper): Mom, can I have a snack?
Me: Yes. I'll get it for you in a few minutes. You can just play for a little bit more. Okay?
Caleb: Okay. But I am kinda hungry.

Ten minutes later, I felt another tap on my arm. . .

Caleb: Mom, can I have a snack now?
Me: Sure. I'll get it for you in five minutes. Okay?
Caleb: Umm, how about just five. Not five minutes.
Me: Huh??
Caleb: Five is okay, but not the minute part. Because minutes are sooooooo long. And I am really hungry.

3 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

I love his logic. Makes sense to me! ;-)

Michelle said...

Rebecca, I just spent days reading your singapore blog. I LOVED it. I'm in singapore for 2 years. Sounds like your in the states now.

Four Buttons said...

Oh Caleb, you're too cute!!! miss you guys, and I just wrote about you all in my latest blog post..yeah, I know it's kinda late :)