Monday, April 21, 2008

Spicy Tomato Soup

As promised in a recent post, here is the first of several of our spicy favorites. I debated about whether or not to even post this "recipe" because it is soooo simple, however since Josh and I eat this soup at least once a week, I decided it really did qualify as a favorite. Thankfully, simplicity and deliciousity aren't mutually exclusive =)


Rebecca's Spicy Tomato Soup

In a small saucepan, stir together 1 can of Campbell's Tomato Soup with 1/2 can water and 1/2 can of milk. Add several dashes of Lawry's Garlic Salt (Lawry's is the only brand I like), an 1/8 tsp of black pepper, and a scant 1/4 tsp Ceyenne pepper (start with small, dream big). Heat over low heat until steaming. Spoon into bowls and garnish with a little dried basil (or fresh is you're trying to pass this off as gourmet).
Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches and a salad.



All I can say about this meal is "YUM! YUM!" Skeptical??? Try it and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

This and That said...

I love your tomato soups! I remember that they were one of my favorite things to eat! YUM! I have tried to keep the tradition going but it is not as good as when you made it!

not2brightGRAM said...

Tomato soup and elbow noodles is STILL one of my favs. We've eaten a lot of it this winter. I'll have to try your edition.

christianne said...

mmmm . . . now here is a recipe i can get behind! :)

judi, your suggestion of adding elbow noodles also sounds really yummy.