Monday, November 26, 2007

A blatant plug

I'm not even going to bother being subtle about this. . . this is an advertisement.

My long-time friend (we went to high school and college together) Sarah Stranske, sent me a surprise care-package about two weeks ago. Alongside the fresh corn tortillas, flour tortillas and Mexican spice mixes (all of which were a sight for sore eyes! I'll post pictures of the resulting meals on our other blog), she enclosed a book entitled A Stranger With You. What's so noteworthy about that, you ask. Well, Sarah wrote it! Yep, a full-blown, 350-page, legitimately published novel. And, not just any novel, a good one.

I am in awe that someone I know is a published author. It is so cool to go to Amazon.com and type in my friend's name. After reading her novel, I momentarily felt inspired to write a book, too! Then I realized that I don't have any idea what I'd write about, and even if I did, I wouldn't have time to write about whatever it is I would write about (As the more observant of you have already noted, my blogging, commenting, and even emailing have greatly declined in the last few months). So instead of writing a book, I decided to write a blog post. That will have to suffice for now.

Whether or not you know Sarah (but especially if you do), I would recommend you check this book out. Of course, I'm hoping my friend makes a decent profit off the sales of her book, but more than that, I think the novel is worth reading.

I'll make it easy for you. . . here is the link to Amazon =)

4 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

My copy is on its way! Can't wait to read it.

I think the world of Sarah and am thrilled to see where this takes her.

Anonymous said...

that is cool to know someone who wrote a book....can you give me a idia what it is about???? also what a nice susprise to receive a package of 'Mexican' supplies....know what you will be bring back with you....love ya

Rebecca said...

Actually, Sarah is the second published author I know. . . I remember that a certain "GeeGee" once published a book. I can't remember what the title was, but I remember the pages were blank =)

kirsten said...

That is too cool! I will have to check it out. ;o)