Wednesday, June 21, 2006

YIKES STRIPES!

Last night Josh and I took a tour of the Family Birthing Center at the hospital just down the street from our house. Somehow, seeing those labor and delivery rooms made it all very real.

We went to bed at a decent hour, but my mind was racing. I had that sudden and overwhelming sense of panic! A baby. A real baby. A real baby is coming. It's so crazy. Josh and I will be responsible for the health, safety, nourishment, education and spiritual training of this little being. Not for a week, not for a month, not for a year. . . nope, we'll never stop being parents. Life will be forever different. Better, I'm sure, but completely different.

YIKES STRIPES!!

Please, God, be gracious! Please, God, give us wisdom. . . you know we need it!

1 comment:

christianne said...

Um, interesting. Where'd you come up with a phrase like YIKES STRIPES???

I like it.