Monday, February 08, 2010

Recipe: Banana Muffins

After doing some "research" and combining a couple recipes, I do believe I've come up with the world's best banana muffins (that may be a tiny overstatement). =) Anyway, give them a try. . . I think you'll like them!

Tip: These muffins freeze very well and make for a great fast breakfast. To freeze: cool muffins completely then wrap each one in plastic wrap. Place all muffins in a gallon sized freezer bag and freeze. Reheat individual muffins for 30-45 seconds.

Banana Muffins

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.

In a mixing bowl, combine:
3 large mashed bananas (the riper the better)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon

In another bowl, sift together and then add all at once to wet mixture:
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt.

Fold in dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
Fill muffin tin (should make about 12 large muffins).

In a small bowl, combine until crumbly:
1/4 cup butter (not too soft)
2/3 cup flour
3 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Sprinkle crumb mixture on muffins.
Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.

8 comments:

gee gee said...

These sound real good...but right now, banana cookies are much easier to make...you could call the "banana" as a fruit for breakfast!!!!

Kay Ann Wilson said...

Mmmm....I have some bananas that are getting to the too-ripe-for-my-liking point, so I think I'll try these tomorrow! I love it when I find a recipe that has all the normal ingredients, so I can actually make it spur of the moment. Looks like that's what we'll be having for breakfast tomorrow!

not2brightGRAM said...

Hmmnnnn, research. Was this done mainly on the internet, or at the kitchen table along with a glass of cold milk; hot oven cooling in the background?

Rebecca said...

Gee Gee: You're probably right. And, I doubt these muffins are much healthier than the cookies. But, at least they're called muffins, so it assuages my guilt a little.

Kay Ann: did you give it a try? Hope I didn't oversell them =)

Mom: The research was both internet and glass-o-milk based!

Elizabeth said...

You can't feel guilty anyway! You're feeding for two, the second of which is about to have to eat their own meals anyway! S/he needs it!

Unknown said...

I just made a batch for a church potluck- delicious! They worked very well as a dessert too :)

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley B. Houghton said...

this is very informative and interesting for those who are interested in blogging field.
Andrew Riley