Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Conversation Snippet 2: The Sucker

It's Josh's birthday today. Caleb colored a birthday card for Daddy and then picked out a sucker to give with it. It's been sitting up on the table all morning, waiting for Daddy's return from work.

I think he forgot about the plan because he just spied it again and the following conversation occurred:

"Yum!! A sucker! Is that for me!?!"

"No. Remember. . . it's for Daddy. Today is his birthday."

"Um, can it be for me?"

"No. It's for Daddy. When Daddy gets home, you can give him this card and sucker and say, 'Happy Birthday, Daddy! This sucker is you, Daddy. It's from me.' Can you say that?"

"Hmmm. . . (long and thoughtful pause) How 'bout I say a different thing??"

"What would you like to say?"

"How 'bout I say, 'This sucker is for Caleb!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't beat toddler-logic :)

Four Buttons said...

Ha! It's amazing what they remember, but when it comes to suckers, all bets are off and it's a free for all I think. Owen's the same way :)

Jess(ica) said...

LOL, that is so cute! Gotta give him credit for coming up with his own thing to say!

kirsten said...

oh my goodness, that is *too* adorable!! :o)