Sunday, September 02, 2007

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

I think Caleb wants to be a Scientist when he grows up. Lately he has been attempting to find new applications of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. He is quite thorough in his experimentation, and so far, he has been successful!


The Mad Scientist:
ready for a hard day's work.





The High Chair Experiment:
demonstrating that the the phenomenon of irreversibility is applicable to morning snack-time.





The Toy Box Experiment:
proving entropy within an isolated system.





The Book Box Experiment:
questioning whether or not a "perpetual motion machine" can exist; Caleb may be the first!

3 comments:

christianne said...

That was absolutely hilarious. You have the most adorable little boy! I love seeing pictures of him -- he is so photogenic!

PS: My very UN-scientific mind could not even remember all these scientific terms. The pictures helped! :)

not2brightGRAM said...

Let's add to the list, "Cute Baby Magnetism Experiment":

magnetism: "a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, resulting in attractive forces between objects"

He's definitely a magnet! I can feel myself being drawn irresistibly to him... I miss him so much!

Lazy D Ranch said...

Rebecca,
You are so clever. I love reading your posts. And, Caleb is just too cute.