Saturday, July 07, 2007

We're Home. . . whatever that means.

After a two week stint in Mississippi at a training seminar/commissioning service with NICS (the Missionary organization with which we are working), Caleb and I are back in California, staying at my parents' house. Josh is en route to Haiti to visit his best friend, Dustin, who is doing missionary work with the Haitians. I am anxiously awaiting an email from Josh, letting me know he's arrived safely. . . I am a notorious worrier and it doesn't help that my husband is a continent away in a dangerous, third-world country. So, if you think of it, pray for him and for me, too!

It's nice to be home, but in the back of my mind, I know that we're not really HOME. We are in the middle of hard-core transition--not yet "there", but not fully "here" either. It's a good place to be, although not exactly fun. These feelings of not belonging anywhere does stir in me a more definite longing for the day when I will finally settle into my heavenly home with Christ, where moving boxes and goodbyes will be a thing of the past =)

The NICS training we attended was excellent and I can't wait to share more of what we learned. I will post my musings soon, but for now, I'm going to go take care of my jet-lagged, ear-ached, sleepy-eyed boy.

4 comments:

christianne said...

SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! I've been checking here numerous times daily because I just knew you were in the middle of that Mississippi stint and wondered when we'd get word back from you. I'm glad you're "local" again (as you said, whatever that means!) and will be praying for you and Josh while he's away.

I can't wait to hear all that you've been learning and thinking and feeling over the past couple weeks with this new venture. In the meantime, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the absolutely colossal change you are making here and how it really must feel to be back in CA without really being "back." That must feel very strange and kinda sad. I admire you both (and Caleb, too!) for taking this step of faith.

kirsten said...

Ah, in transition. Though my move is not quite as profound as yours, I can identify with the "in between" feeling -- I'm staying with friends now while I'm in between homes, and the past 3 weeks, I have been "in between" jobs (doing my old job even though I receive notice of the promotion weeks ago).

Anyway ... it can be draining. I hope & pray for Josh's safe return and look forward to hearing all about your training.

haititrip said...

Thanks for sharing Josh with me! We had fun most of the time, well you know Josh + foreign food/water = trouble :] Well he did pretty good. Sorry we did not get to you sooner. Communication out of here is getting better but is still a bit difficult. I will be praying for you guys to have a good last week, and a great trip.

Kay Ann Wilson said...

hi! i've also been checking, and checking your blog to see when you're back in CA. now you're off soon again...i can't wait to see pics and read about your new adventure as it happens. i'll be praying for safe & happy trails on your voyage to singapore. :-) i' sure caleb will do fine, he's such a happy guy.

we're doing great- beck's little personality is really starting to show. he isn't still for a minute when he's awake. which is exhausting. but fun!

well i just wanted to drop you a note. i'll keep checking up on your singapore blog. take care!!